Due to high volumes, you may experience long wait times for customer support. We greatly appreciate your patience.

/pixelphone/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Pinch zoom stopped working
Touch sensitivity and pinch zoom doesn't work. Not sure if it's Android 11 update, but I can't pinch zoom on pictures or on Google maps.
Details
Pinned
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (1)
Relevant Answer
Same issue here, i find the pinch zoom function works some days and doesn't work other days. Any fix yet?
marked this as an answer
All Replies (161)
Relevant Answer
Hello Seth Chung,

I suggest you use your phone to send feedback directly to Google:

Go to Settings >  About phone >  now tap on "Send feedback about this device."  Type your feedback.

To include your system logs, check the "Include system logs" box. These logs help Google when you report a technical issue. Tap Send. Your message, system information, and email address (if you're signed in) will be sent to Google. 

Although you will not receive a reply unless additional input is needed, be assured that the development team does make use of the information they receive via this feedback mechanism. 

Best,
Lilybell2

marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same problem here.  Pinch to zoom stopped working across maps, chrome, pictures etc on pixel 4a.  This is extremely frustrating.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Has anyone found a solution for this?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I just noticed this today with latest security update.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Yeah me to started right after the update
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue on a 4a(5G) started this morning on a 2 day old phone.  device-support had me try many different things including safe mode and wiping and resetting the phone.  Nothing helped and they suggested exchanging the phone with AT&T under warranty. AT&T does not recognize this as a phone defect and wants a restocking fee.  Double tap to zoom still works so I am convinced this is software.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Found this issue last week.  Map and photo couldnt zoom in and zoom out.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have reported this issue long time ago which started back in early Feb, multitouch never works anymore (can't shift&type at the same time / can't pinch zoom) 
And I have a deadzone on my screen since then (hell I cannot even type the numbers 789 when I want to make a call, gotta save the number as a contact first)

Never got an answer but the phone is still working (sort of) just hoping that they will fix it
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I've just got a replacement 4a 5G , due to a failed proximity sensor. Now this pinching bullshit! So disappointed in Google QA.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Google SUCKS!!! I love this overpriced Chinese CRAP Google sells now. We get it, you're just SO greedy, how can you ever make enough money? Keep putting out total sh*t like you have these past few years, and everyone will be switching to Samsung and Apple. Then you won't have to worry about overpaying your sh*ty Millennial developers with tattoos and face piercings that work from home!
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/pixelphone/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic