Due to high volumes, you may experience long wait times for customer support. We greatly appreciate your patience. For answers to top Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro FAQs, click here.

/pixelphone/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
cant connect to wifi
This is a only an issue with one particular WiFi network, at my work. I connect to a guest network at work, and it requires a login name and password. One day, on my Google Pixel, I allowed it to save the password for the WiFi network. This was a mistake, as now the network will not allow me to login anymore. When it asks me to `sign in to WiFi network', which is routine, it now brings me to a blank page 'connectivitycheck.gstatic.com'. Nothing happens at this blank page. I cannot sign in at all. I think it's because it is trying to use this saved password, which my WiFi network does not allow. I've already tried turning on and off phone, forgetting network, reseting all networks, updating software on phone, and no luck. I cannot reset router at my work as it's for the entire building of 100's of people. Any suggestions on how to get my Pixel to forget this saved password?
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (26)
Wrangler of imaginary computers
Relevant Answer
Hi kl,

Try opening a browser page to http://neverssl.com/. This can sometimes force the captive portal login pages to load correctly.

Please let me know if that doesn't work and we can dig further.

Cheers,
John
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Unfortunately, no luck. I'm always immediately redirected to this connectivitycheck.gstatic.com.
marked this as an answer
Wrangler of imaginary computers
Relevant Answer
Glad to hear you found a solution!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I found a solution on some thread that works every time:
After you select the wifi network/before you put in your Authentication log in etc, TURN OFF MOBILE DATA.

Literally toggle it off, put in your log in info, and it will log you in. No blank page, no download 1.1.1.1 bs.

Don't forget to turn it back on before you leave wifi, you could do it immediately after actually, and it would not affect the wifi.

This has saved me, I basically returned my Pixel 4 cos it wouldn't work on my Work wifi (and the battery was kaka) and then bought a Pixel 3a for cheap (cos that camera is unbeatable) when i stumbled on this solution.
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/pixelphone/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic