Due to high volumes, you may experience long wait times for customer support. We greatly appreciate your patience. For answers to top Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro FAQs, click here.

/pixelphone/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Persistent notification 'Charging connected device via USB'
I am seeing a persistent Android System notification: 

"Charging connected device via USB" when it is not plugged into anything. 

"USB controlled by" is set to 'connected device' even when the phone is not plugged into anything, and I cannot change this. 

The notification disappears as I charge the phone (which is also intermittent), but then reappears as soon as it's unplugged. 

I have tried charging the device from a different cable and my computer, but the problem continues.
Details
Pinned
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (1)
Relevant Answer
I also facing this issue from last week on my asus zenfone 5z. tried cleaning the charging jack with alcohol, rebooting phone also not helped. this notification even exists on safe mode. is there anyone get rid of this?
marked this as an answer
All Replies (198)
Relevant Answer
Hello,

Try booting your phone into safe mode using the instructions located HERE. If the issue is still present in Safe Mode, I would suggest trying a factory reset. If that doesn't clear up the issue, it's likely there is a hardware fault with your device and it would be a good idea to contact Pixel Support regarding your warranty options.

Regards,

Brian
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Were you able to resolve this issue following these steps? Same thing happening to my Pixel 3.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue with my Pixel 3. Recently had the phone replaced by the carrier and now the replacement is experiencing the same exact issue. Plugging in to charge or use Android Auto does not work. Factory reset helped temporarily and sometimes restarting the device helps temporarily as well but the issue always persists after a few hours.

I primarily charge via the Pixel stand and another wireless charger in my car but the inability to utilize Android Auto really bothers me. Seems software related at this point, as this is the second Pixel 3 I've had the same issue.

Google? Anyone? Help??
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue here on Pixel 2 with Android 10, tried the safe mode instructions and issue persisted. I haven't gone through the full factory reset yet because I'm traveling and don't want to risk being phone-less if something goes wrong.

Started having issues with charging around the same time this notification started appearing.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same here, on my second pixel 3 because of this issue  and it is doing the same thing
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same on my Blackview phone (I knew its different phone than Pixel)... seems its software problem in Android itself, existing here for cca 1 year on different phones.
If you will try to charge your phone while its turned off or in safe mode, it will charge, else not. As far as I read, factory reset sometimes helps, sometimes not. IMO definitely something in Android OS.
Since its there for more than year I do not suppose it will be corrected by Google.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Probably, usb contacts in phone oxidized. I tried clean by tooth brush and 95% alcohol but it's not helped me, but you can try also. I fixed it, using this thing with rubber on the end.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Its Same Problems in Nokia 3.1 plus What i do..
I already factory reset and i change chargeing port.
But again this Problem is coming
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi all
I have the same notification with pixel 4a
This appeared since the android 12 update...
I have issue for charging phone too

It is sure that this is a a software (android 12) issue for these both issues
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/pixelphone/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic