/pixelphone/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Stay Alert with Heads Up (Beta)

If you’ve ever tripped on the sidewalk or walked into a pole while texting, you’re not alone. Heads Up is a new Digital Wellbeing feature that helps remind you to be aware of your surroundings while you’re on the move. If your phone screen is unlocked and you’re walking, you’ll receive a gentle nudge to look up and pay attention to what’s around you.

To use Heads Up, join the beta program in the Digital Wellbeing app. You can help us continue to improve the experience by using the “Send feedback” button in the notification.

Want more information about Heads Up? Keep reading for answers to some of your questions:

Why are you doing this?
Digital Wellbeing recognizes the safety and wellbeing-related benefits of not using our phones while walking, so created this as a gentle reminder to look up and pay attention.

How accurate is this feature? Can I rely on it to keep me safe while walking? 
While we have tested this feature to be as accurate as possible, do not rely solely on this feature to keep safe. Please always use your best judgement, and use this feature as a gentle reminder when you do find yourself distracted while walking.

When is this feature triggered? Is it based on how long I’ve been using my phone? 
The feature is triggered when walking. If you have granted the location permission, then it will also take into account whether or not you’re outdoors. 

Does this feature work when I’m jogging or running? 
It should also work while jogging or running, since your phone’s motion sensors will detect that you’re moving. 

How are physical activity sensors and location being used by the app? 
The app uses sensors in your phone that detect movement to understand whether or not you’re walking, while the location is used to understand whether you’re walking indoors or outdoors. Location permission is optional but makes for a better experience by identifying situations that are more likely to be hazardous and require your attention. This data is only used on the device and is never shared with Google. 

Is the Digital Wellbeing app constantly monitoring or tracking my physical activity and location? 
No, Digital Wellbeing detects when you’re walking while the phone is unlocked, and only checks indoor or outdoor location. Digital Wellbeing doesn’t monitor any other kinds of activity, and your specific location is never shared with Digital Wellbeing. 

Is any data shared about how often I’m using my phone, my physical activity or location?
Your location and physical activity data is only used for on-device activity recognition. Digital Wellbeing never shares it with anyone. We only collect generalized data when a user interacts with Heads Up notifications.
Details
Pinned
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (1)
He/Him, RN, BBQ Guy , Dad, Husband, Brother, Runner, Cyclist and Google PE
Relevant Answer
Great stuff, hopefully people use this to explore more of what is around them :)
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/pixelphone/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic