Help prevent static electricity on phones & accessories
Static electricity can build up on devices like your earbuds or phone. It causes what feels like a small electric shock.
What causes static
Static can build up and cause a shock when:
- The environment is dry, windy, or cold
- Your earbuds or phone rub against certain materials
Static electricity is normal. It doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with your devices or accessories.
Help prevent static
- Wear natural fabrics, like cotton. Keep your devices from rubbing against synthetic fabrics, like nylon or polyester.
- If you’re indoors, use a humidifier.
- Moisturize dry skin.