Pixel 5a (5G), 5, 4, 3, and 2 phones are designed to be water-resistant. But normal wear and tear can reduce water-resistance. To help your Pixel phone last longer, avoid actions that could lead to water damage.
For your phone's water protection rating details, see the tech specs.
Help prevent water damage
Keep your phone intact
- Avoid chips or cracks in your phone's body or screen. Learn how to help prevent a cracked screen.
- Be cautious when letting young children use your phone.
Keep your phone dry
- Don't submerge your phone.
- Don't take your phone into a sink, shower, sauna, or bathtub.
- Don't take your phone into a swimming pool or body of water.
If your phone falls in water
- Lift it out of the water.
- Turn it off.
- Dry it with a soft cloth.
- Set it on a flat surface to finish drying at room temperature.