Pixel 7 Pro, 7, 6a, 6 Pro, 6, 5a (5G), 5, 4, 3, and 2 phones are designed to be water-resistant. But normal wear and tear can reduce water-resistance. To help your Pixel phone last longer, avoid actions that could lead to water damage.
For your phone's water protection rating details, see the tech specs.
Help prevent water damage
Keep your phone intact
- Avoid chips or cracks in your phone's body or screen. Learn how to help prevent a cracked screen.
- Be cautious when letting young children use your phone.
Keep your phone dry
- Don't submerge your phone.
- Don't take your phone into a sink, shower, sauna, or bathtub.
- Don't take your phone into a swimming pool or body of water.
Tip: When you're near water or steam, use a Bluetooth speaker to listen to your phone from a distance.
If your phone falls in water
- Lift it out of the water.
- Turn it off.
- Dry it with a soft cloth.
- Set it on a flat surface to finish drying at room temperature.
If your phone is already water damaged
You can repair a damaged phone. Learn about your repair options.
Damage from accidents or external causes, such as water damage, is not covered by warranty. Learn about your warranty coverage.