You can turn your phone on and off with the top button on the right side. See where your Power button is located on your phone.
Turn your power on or off
- To turn on your phone when it's powered off, press and hold the Power button for a few seconds.
- On Pixel 6 & later, press and hold the Power button until you feel a buzz (up to 7 seconds in some situations).
- To power off your phone when it's turned on:
- On Pixel 5a & earlier, press and hold the Power button for a few seconds. Then, on your screen, tap Power off .
- On Pixel 6 & later, to power off your phone, press and hold the Power and volume up buttons for a few seconds. Then, on your screen, tap Power off .
Tip: Before you turn on your phone, charge it. Learn how to charge.
Turn your screen off and back on
To turn your screen on and off while your phone's turned on, press the Power button once.
Tip: On some Pixel phones, you can see the time and some other info even when your screen is off. Learn which Pixel phones and how to turn "Always show time & info" off or on.
- Restart your phone.
- On Pixel 5a and earlier: Press your phone's Power button for about 30 seconds, or until your phone restarts.
- On Pixel 6 and later: Press and hold the Power and Volume up buttons for a few seconds.
- Tap Restart .