You can turn your phone on and off with the top button on the right side. See where your Power button is located on your phone.
- To turn on your phone when it's powered off, press and hold the Power button for a few seconds.
- To power off your phone when it's turned on:
- On Pixel 5a & earlier, press and hold the Power button for a few seconds. Then, on your screen, tap Power off .
- On Pixel 6 Pro & Pixel 6, to power off your phone, press and hold the Power and volume up buttons for a few seconds. Then, on your screen, tap Power off .
Tip: Before you turn on your phone, charge it. Learn how to charge.
To turn your screen on and off while your phone's turned on, press the Power button once.
Tip: On some Pixel phones, you can see the time and some other info even when your screen is off. Learn which Pixel phones and how to turn "Always show time & info" off or on.
- On most phones, press your phone's power button for about 30 seconds, or until your phone restarts.
- On the screen, you might need to tap Restart .