You can find and change your settings from any screen on your phone with Quick Settings. To get to the settings you change often, you can add or move them to Quick Settings.
Important: Some of these steps work only on Android 11 and up. Learn how to check your Android version.
- To find your first few settings, swipe down from the top of your screen.
- To find all your Quick Settings, swipe down again.
- To turn a setting on or off, tap it. Dimmed settings are off.
- To get more options for a setting, touch and hold it.
- From the top of your screen, swipe down twice.
- At the bottom left, tap Edit .
- Touch and hold the setting.
- Drag the setting to where you want it.
- To add a setting, drag it up from "Hold and drag to add tiles."
- To remove a setting, drag it down to "Drag here to remove."
Quickly control your audio & video
You can pause, rewind, or change other settings for the audio or video that you’re playing. To find what’s playing on your phone, swipe down from the top of your screen. Learn how to quickly control audio or video.
These icons show on the top right of your screen or in your Quick Settings. To see their names and descriptions, from the top of your screen, swipe down twice.
Wi-Fi, Bluetooth & mobile data
- Airplane mode
- Data saver
- Internet: Cellular connection
- Internet: Wi-Fi
Location & account
- Nearby share
- Users & guests
Device, display & sound
- Battery saver
- Bedtime mode
- Camera access
- Dark theme
- Do not disturb
- Focus mode
- Invert colors
- Live caption
- Microphone access
- Night light
- Screen cast
- Screen record
- TV remote
- Some apps may ask if you want to add their icon as a tile in your Quick Settings menu. You can remove, or re-add these at any time.
- If you have several settings turned on, your phone sometimes hides icons to save screen space. To find the hidden icons, at the top of your phone’s screen, you'll find a dot.
Control audio & video
- To find what’s playing on your phone, swipe down from the top of your screen.
- To open the app where the media is playing, tap the panel.
- If you use more than one media app, swipe right or left to find them.
- To change where the sound plays, at the top right of the panel, tap the name of your audio accessory. For example, "Speakers" or "Pixel buds."