To access your email, contacts and calendar, and to get apps from the Google Play Store, you can add accounts to your phone. When you add a Google account, info associated with that account automatically syncs with your phone.
When you remove an account, everything associated with that account is also deleted from your phone. This includes email, contacts and settings.
- Open your phone's settings app.
- Tap Accounts.
- At the bottom, tap Add account.
- Tap the type of account that you want to add.
- To add your Google Account, tap Google. When you sign in with a Google Account, the email, contacts, calendar events and other data associated with that account automatically sync with your phone.
- To add a different personal account, tap Personal (IMAP) or Personal (POP3). You'd generally choose these if you use an email program like Microsoft Outlook or Apple Mail. Find out how to use IMAP or POP3 with Gmail.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- If you're adding accounts, you may need to enter your phone's pattern, PIN or password for security.
- Open your phone's Settings app.
- Tap Passwords and accounts.
- Under ‘Accounts for’, tap the account that you want to remove Remove account.
- To confirm, tap Remove account OK.
- If this is the only Google Account on the phone, you'll need to enter your phone's pattern, PIN or password for security.