You can uninstall apps you've installed on your phone. If you remove an app you paid for, you can reinstall it later without buying it again. You can also disable system apps that came with your phone.
Important: Some of these steps work only on Android 13 and up. Learn how to check your Android version.
Delete apps that you installed
- Open the Google Play Store app .
- At the top right, tap the Profile icon.
- Tap Manage apps & devices Manage.
- Tap the name of the app you want to delete.
- Tap Uninstall.
Disable apps that came with your phone
You can’t delete some system apps that came pre-installed on your Pixel phone. But you can disable most system apps.
- Open your phone's Settings app.
- Tap Apps All apps the app you want to disable.
- At the top, tap Disable.
Tip: You can remove any app from your Home screens. Learn how to customize your Home screen.
If you haven't used apps for a long time, Android optimizes it by:
- Freeing up space by deleting temporary files
- Revoking app permissions
- Stopping the apps from running in the background and sending any notifications
You can go to AppsUnused apps to review apps that were unused and have been optimized.
If you want to exclude any specific app from this feature, go to App Info Unused apps Pause app activity if unused toggle, then turn this off.