Troubleshoot Pixelbook keyboard issues
If you’re having issues with your Pixelbook keyboard, try one of these troubleshooting steps. If the keyboard appears physically damaged, contact Pixelbook support.
- If the volume or brightness keys don't work, you might be at the upper or lower limit for that setting.
- If the backward button doesn’t work, check if the same icon is greyed out in a web browser window. For example, if the back button on a webpage is gray, the browser isn't aware of a page to move backward to.
If you're having other problems with your keyboard, try these steps:
- Turn off the Pixelbook, then back on.
- If you're still having issues, try resetting your Pixelbook hardware.
- Try using the keys while you browse as a guest. If the keys work, remove the account that's having the problem on your Pixelbook, then add it again.
- If the owner account is having problems, reset the Pixelbook.
If you're still having trouble after trying these steps, contact Pixelbook support.