Reset your Pixel C to factory settings
You can remove data from your Pixel C by resetting it to factory settings.
Important: By performing a factory data reset, all data will be erased from the device. While any data stored in your Google Account will be restored, all apps and their associated data will be uninstalled. Make sure you backup your data before you do a factory data reset.
Before you start
Backup your data
Make sure that your photos, files, and other data on your device are backed up before you reset your device. Learn more about backing up your data.
Plug your device into a power source
Erasing your data may take some time, so make sure that you plug your device into a power source before you start.
Reset your device
- Open your device's Settings app .
- Under "Personal," tap Backup & reset.
- Tap Factory data reset Reset tablet. If you have a screen lock, you'll need to enter your pattern, PIN, or password.
- When prompted, tap Erase everything to erase all data from your device's internal storage.
- When your device has finished erasing, select the option to reboot your device.
When you're done, follow these steps to restore your data.