Add photos to Picasa
To organize your photos using Picasa, start by adding photos.
Add photos to PicasaFrom a computer
Add one photo
- In Picasa, click File.
- Select Add File to Picasa.
- Select the photo to add.
- Click Open.
Add photos from multiple folders
- Click Tools > Folder Manager
- Select the folders with photos you want to display.
- Select the file types to display.
You can import photos from cameras, memory cards, and devices to Picasa.
- Connect the device to your computer.
- Open Picasa and click Import.
- Under "Import photos from," select the source of your photos.
- Under "Import to," select the destination folder.
- Select the photos to import.
- Click Import Selected or Import All.
After copying, you can delete copied photos or all photos from your memory card or camera.
Related informationChoose a storage size
You can choose a photo size or file size to suit how you use your photos online.
There are two options:
- Best for web sharing (larger photos are resized to 2048 pixels)
- Original size
The storage size can affect the image quality. To preserve image quality when you store at "Best for web sharing":
- Click Tools > Options (Windows) or Picasa > Preferences (Mac).
- Click Google Photos.
- Check JPEG Quality: Preserve original image quality.
- Maximum photo size: 75 MB
- Maximum video size: 10 GB
- Total storage space: 15 GB for photos and videos.