Please follow these steps to download and install Picasa:
- Download Picasa for Windows from http://picasa.google.com/
- Once the download is complete, double-click the executable file, which ends in '.exe'.
- You'll be prompted to accept the terms of agreement. Click I Agree.
- The 'Picasa Setup' dialog should appear. Choose a location on your computer where you'd like to save the application and click Next.
- Click Finish to complete the installation.
- The Picasa setup will then launch and prompt you to specify the folders for the initial scan. Picasa will display these photos without moving the files from their existing location.
- Last but not least, you'll be offer the choice of using Picasa Photo Viewer on your computer. The Picasa Photo Viewer is standalone photo viewer that lets you quickly preview photos on your computer. Learn more.
If you encounter any problems in the above process, please walk through our download and installation troubleshooting steps (Windows only).
- Download Picasa for Mac from http://picasa.google.com/.
- From your desktop, double-click the mountable Picasa disk image.
- Double click the Picasa mounted drive.
- Drag the Picasa icon into the Applications folder. You must do this in order to receive auto-updates.
- You can now drag the mounted drive and the 'picasamac.dmg' disk image into the trash.
- From Applications, drag and drop the Picasa icon into the dock for convenience.
- Open Picasa.
- Picasa will then launch and prompt you to specify the folders for the initial scan. Picasa will display the photos in these folders without moving the files from their existing location.