/photos/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Not able to see all the photos on my new device. However, they are available via browser. 0 Recommended Answers 9 Replies 1 Upvote
1 Update
$0 Updates
1 Recommended Answer
$0 Recommended Answers
1 Relevant Answer
$0 Relevant Answers
Google photos on phone doesn't load any photos from my older devices. I can see it on the website though. 
  • I am logged into the same account on both browser and app
  • I have plenty of space on my device (40GB)
  • I have 160 MBPS internet connection
  • I left the phone on charge overnight while the screen was on the whole time
  • I cleared the cache and app memory
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled the app
  • Logged out and relogged into my account on the phone
Still, nothing!
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (9)
Relevant Answer
Hi, Swaroop Shankar

Welcome to Google Photos Community Support Forum & thanks for your query.

Can you please inform how much free space is available on your phone?
Also can you make an internet speed test?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Addition
On a new device are no photos, unless you did insert an sd full of old photos (but you did not tell that). 
But if you see all old stuff in the Chromebrowser if you log-in on photos.google.com, you should see the same stuff in the app when you are logged-in with the same account. But that may take an hour or so. 
Best to use the same account in the backupsettings, but there will not be much new to backup yet. 
Good luck

PS: I do assume that you new device does have enough free space and these old pictures are not downloaded to you your device at all. But the app may need 1 or 2 GB for its householding.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have 40GB space on my phone and am getting 160mbps internet speed. 

I can see the photos taken from my new phone but unable to see photos from my old devices. When I scroll down, it just stops loading after it hits the end of the new phone photos. 

However, I can see all my photos from a browser
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
@Swaroop
You should read my comment - not the first one. 
Goodnight from here. 
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
@rinus

I do not have an SD card slot and I understand that there are no photos on the device. 

I understand how it takes time to load the data from the cloud into my phone. I have left it to charge over night on wifi.

I use the same account to backup everything. 

My new device has plenty space (40GB) and old pictures aren't in my phone as a file. It is however, uploaded to the Google photos server and I am able to see it on photos.google.com.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
@Swaroop
Sorry, there was a night in between us. 
May be you are living with wrong expectations like we all :-)

But if you log-in to the Google Photos app under the small circle right with the same account as used for seeing your pictures on the website (photos.google.com), you should see the pictures rolling-in if you are connected to good wifi. Like shown below on the community site

But they are not downloaded as files on your new phone, so they are not visible in any other app. 

But if the Google app got not filled within an hour, there is something blocking that process and I can't imagine what on a fresh device, unless due to some general setting. So you may need help from your shop or some nerd in your neighboorhood. 
Sorry. 
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
@Rinus

I am what they would call a 'power user' and am very familiar with Google Photos architecture. I understand that it is supposed to work exactly how you described. 
However, it doesn't as it does not load images in the app. 

I thought I had better chances of finding that neighborhood nerd here.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Sorry, but you did not say that you are a power user and then you should be able to find the blockade also. 
Maybe switching-off the app in the general settings and then install a fresh copy from the playstore. 
We are privately volonteering here and can't test all possible troubles ourselves. 
Google has no troubleshooting listing apart from here troubles.
Good luck
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
@Swaroop,

If you can't see the same photos in the Google Photos app which you can see on the web then you can't be signed in to both places with the same Gmail account.
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
Delete post?
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/photos/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic