Get info about your photos & surroundings
You can get details or take actions on your photos or objects around you with Google Lens.
Note: Google Lens is available in English, French, German, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, and Spanish.
You can use Google Lens from:
- Google Photos
- Google Assistant on most Android phones
- The Camera app on some Android phones, like Pixel.
To take action on your photos:
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Photos app .
- Select a photo.
- Tap Google Lens .
- Depending on your photo, check the details, take an action, or find similar products.
If you take a photo of:
- Apparel and home goods: Find similar products and where to buy them.
- Barcodes: Use a barcode to find info about a product, like where to buy it.
- Business card: Save the phone number or address to a contact.
- Book: Get a summary and read reviews.
- Event flyer or billboard: Add the event to your calendar.
- Landmark or building: See historical facts, hours of operation, and more.
- Painting in a museum: Read about the artist and learn more.
- Plant or animal: Learn about species and breeds.
Find info about objects around you
- On your Android phone, open Lens.
- With your Google Assistant: Touch and hold the Home button or say "Ok Google." At the bottom right, tap Google Lens .
- On some Android phones, like Pixel: Open your device's Google Camera app More Google Lens .
- If you don't see the Google Lens icon, Google Lens isn't available on your phone.
- Point your camera at an item.
- On your screen, tap the item.
Tip: To select text, tap a word, then tap it again and drag the blue dots.
- Tap Speak .
- Ask a question or say a command, like:
- What is this?
- How tall is this?
- Add this to Google Keep.
See and delete your Google Lens activity
To find and delete your Google Lens activity, go to My Activity. Learn how to control what's saved in your Google Account.
If you don't want your Google Lens activity, including the image, saved to your Google Account, turn Web & App Activity off.