Scan your photos
You can use PhotoScan to scan and save printed photos.
Scan a photo
- Open the PhotoScan app .
- To start the scan, hold your phone directly above a photo. Tap the button to take a picture. It'll automatically save to your device.
- Move your phone around until the circle is over each of the four dots.
- Once the photo has been processed, go to the bottom right and tap the photo thumbnail.
- Select a photo to rotate, adjust the corners or delete.
To scan pictures faster, you can turn off glare removal . You won't have to move your phone to scan, but it won't remove glare.
- Don't tilt your phone while scanning.
- To frame your photo better, place the photo on a flat surface with a contrasting background. Avoid scanning on carpet.
- To scan vertical photos, hold your phone vertically. To scan horizontal photos, hold your phone horizontally.
- To help remove residual glare, shadows and get better images, make sure that the flash is turned on.
- If there is too much glare, move to somewhere with less lighting.
- Remove photos from sleeves or albums. If the photo is in a glass frame, turn on your flash.
- If you have any issues with your scan, try scanning again.
Was this helpful?
How can we improve it?