To organise your photos and videos across services, you can add photos from Google Drive to Google Photos.
Before you start
- The photo must be larger than 256 pixels.
- The file type must be .jpg, .gif, .webp, .tiff or .raw.
- If you use a Google Account through work or school, you’ll have to download from Google Drive and re-upload to Google Photos.
Tip: Learn how to download all your photos and videos.
Add photos and videos from Google Drive to Google Photos
- On your computer, go to photos.google.com.
- At the top right, click Upload Google Drive.
- Find and select your photos.
- Click Upload.
What happens when you change or delete a photo?
Any changes that you make in Drive will only apply to Drive. Any changes that you make in Photos will only apply to Photos.
Check your storage
Your photos and videos are stored using your Google Account's storage space.
- Items copied from Google Drive to Google Photos are backed up based on your upload size.
- If you copy an item from Google Drive to Google Photos, the new copy in Google Photos will also count against your storage.
- Learn how to change your upload size.