Delete photos and videos
You can delete up to 500 photos and videos from your Google Photos library or in your SD card at a time.
Before you delete photos and videos
Photos and videos you delete are also removed from:
- photos.google.com and any synced devices
- Google Photos albums
- Google Photos movies when you edit them. Learn more about deleted photos in movies.
- Google Drive, for photos and videos that are synced with Google Drive. Learn how Google Drive works with Google Photos.
- Any shared albums you may have added them to.
Photos and videos you delete are not automatically removed from:
If you want time to recover deleted photos and videos, turn on back up & sync. Deleted items will stay in the trash for 60 days before they're permanently deleted.
Remove photos and videos
- On your computer, go to photos.google.com.
- Place your cursor over items you want to move to trash. At the top left, click Select . You can also select multiple items.
- At the top right, click Trash .
- To permanently delete photos and videos, click Menu Trash select the photo or video Trash
Restore photos & videos
If you want to get a deleted item back, learn how to restore photos and videos.