Manage your assistant cards
You may see album or archive suggestions, creations, and more in the Assistant section of the Google Photos app.
Check your assistant
The Assistant section of Google Photos allows you to do things like:
- See effects that were created for you from your photos and videos.
- Be reminded of photos from a year or two ago.
- Find suggestions to add photos to an album or archive.
See the assistant section
On your computer, go to photos.google.com/assistant.
If you want to see more cards, take more photos and videos, then back them up.
Types of assistant cards
Check if something was created for you
- On your computer, open photos.google.com/assistant.
- Look for cards that say things like "New movie" or "New stylized photo."
- At the bottom, click View unsaved creations (if you don't see any of these, then you don't have any creations to see).
If there are new photos that may be related to an existing album, you might get an assistant card to add to the album.You can review the photos and the album before you add to the album.
If you have photos of documents, receipts, or anything that you don’t want to see in your Photos library, you may get an assistant card to move them to archive.You can review the photos before you hide them.
Remove an assistant card
To remove an assistant card, click Dismiss .
Stop seeing assistant cards
To stop seeing suggestions, creations, or “Rediscover this day” cards:
- On your computer, open photos.google.com/settings.
- Click Assistant cards .
- On the assistant card you want to stop seeing, click the switch.