You can make phone calls from these apps:
- Phone app
- Contacts app
- Other apps or widgets that show your contacts
Wherever you see a phone number, you can usually tap it to dial. You may be able to tap underlined phone numbers in Google Chrome to copy the number to the dialpad.
Make a phone call
- Open your phone's Phone app .
- Pick who to call:
- To enter a number, tap Dial pad .
- To pick a saved contact, tap Contacts . We may show you suggested contacts to call based on your call history.
- To pick from numbers that you’ve recently called, tap Recents .
- To pick from contacts saved to speed dial, tap Speed dial .
- Tap Call .
- When you’ve finished with the call, tap End call . If your call is minimised, drag the call bubble to the bottom right of the screen.
When you get a call, you’ll see the caller’s number, contact or caller ID info if it’s available.
- To answer the call, swipe the white circle to the top of the screen when your phone is locked, or tap Answer.
- To reject the call, swipe the white circle to the bottom of the screen when your phone is locked, or tap Dismiss. Rejected callers can leave a message.
- To reject the call and send a text message to the caller, swipe up from the Message icon .
Use phone call options
While a call is in progress:
- To bring up the keypad, tap Dial pad .
- To switch among the earpiece, speakerphone or any connected Bluetooth headset, tap Speaker .
- To mute or unmute your microphone, tap Mute .
- To pause a conversation without hanging up, tap Hold . To pick up the call again, tap Hold again.
- To switch between current calls, tap Switch . Other callers will be put on hold.
- To merge current calls into one conference call, tap Call merge .
- To minimise the call, go to the Home screen. Learn how to get around on your phone.
- To move the call bubble, drag it.
- To hide the call bubble, drag it down to 'Hide' at the bottom of the screen.
With some operators and devices, you can also switch to a video call. Tap Video call .