You can make phone calls from the Phone app and other apps or widgets that show your contacts.
Wherever you see a phone number, you can usually tap it to dial. You may be able to tap underlined phone numbers in Google Chrome to copy the number to the dial pad.
If you don't have the Phone app, download it from the Play Store.
- If you're unable to download the Phone app, your device might not be supported.
- Once you've downloaded the app, follow the prompts to set it as the default phone app.
Make a phone call
- Open your phone's Phone app .
- Pick who to call:
- To enter a number, tap Dial pad .
- To pick a saved contact, tap Contacts . We may show you suggested contacts to call based on your call history.
- To pick from numbers that you’ve recently called, tap Recents .
- To pick from contacts saved to Favourites, tap Favourites .
- Tap Call .
- When you’ve finished with the call, tap End call . If your call is minimised, drag the call bubble to the bottom right of the screen.
When you get a call, you’ll see the caller’s number, contact or caller ID info if it’s available.
- To answer the call, swipe the white circle to the top of the screen when your phone is locked, or tap Answer.
- To reject the call, swipe the white circle to the bottom of the screen when your phone is locked, or tap Dismiss. Rejected callers can leave a message.
- To reject the call and send a text message to the caller, swipe up from the Message icon .
Use phone call options
While a call is in progress:
- To bring up the keypad, tap Dial pad .
- To switch among the earpiece, speakerphone or any connected Bluetooth headset, tap Speaker .
- To mute or unmute your microphone, tap Mute .
- To pause a conversation without hanging up, tap Hold . To pick up the call again, tap Hold again.
- To switch between current calls, tap Switch . Other callers will be put on hold.
- To merge current calls into one conference call, tap Call merge .
- To minimise the call, go to the Home screen. Learn how to get around on your phone.
- To move the call bubble, drag it.
- To hide the call bubble, drag it down to 'Hide' at the bottom of the screen.
With some operators and devices, you can also switch to a video call. Tap Video call .