Make & receive phone calls
You can make phone calls from these apps:
- Phone app
- Contacts app
- Other apps or widgets that show your contacts
Wherever you see a phone number, you can usually tap it to dial. You may be able to tap underlined phone numbers in Google Chrome to copy the number to the dialpad.
Make a phone call
- Open your phone's Phone app .
- Pick who to call:
- To enter a number, tap Dialpad .
- To pick a saved contact, tap Contacts . We may show you suggested contacts to call based on your call history.
- To pick from numbers you’ve recently called, tap Recents .
- To pick from contacts saved to speed dial, tap Speed dial .
- Tap Call .
- When you’re done with the call, tap End call . If your call is minimized, drag the call bubble to the bottom right of the screen.
When you get a phone call, you’ll see the caller’s number, if it’s available. You may also see contact or caller ID information.
- To answer the call, swipe the white circle to the top of the screen when your phone is locked, or tap Answer.
- To reject the call, swipe the white circle to the bottom of the screen when your phone is locked, or tap Dismiss.
- To reject the call and send a text message to the caller, swipe up from the Message icon .
If you’ve set up a voice mailbox, rejected callers can leave a message. Answering a call while on another call puts the current call on hold.
Use phone call options
While a call is open:
- To bring up the keypad, tap Dialpad .
- To switch among the earpiece, speakerphone, or any connected Bluetooth headset, tap Speaker .
- To mute or un-mute your microphone, tap Mute .
- To pause a conversation without hanging up, tap Hold . To pick up the call again, tap Hold again.
- To switch between current calls, tap Switch . Others are put on hold.
- To merge current calls into one conference call, tap Call merge .
- To minimize the call, tap Home . If you don't see , tap .
- To move the call bubble, drag it.
- To hide the call bubble, drag it down to "Hide" at the bottom of the screen.
With some carriers and devices, you can also switch to a video call. Tap Video call .