Enter merchant tax information


To get timely merchant payouts from Google, make sure that you enter the tax information below to your payments profile.

You must submit the Certificate of Foreign Status form (W-8BEN) to the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS).

Social Security Number (SSN)

If you're an individual or sole proprietor and file your tax return using your Social Security Number (SSN), you must use it when you update your payments profile. It's important that our merchant account records match what you have on file with the IRS. Note: You have a limited number of attempts to provide the correct information.​

Employer Identification Number (EIN)

Corporations, partnerships or limited liability company (LLCs) must provide the federal Employer Identification Number (EIN) and business name in their payments profile so that they match the information that we give to the IRS.

Legal business name

In your payments profile, enter the exact business name that you registered with the IRS.
  • Individuals and sole proprietors: Enter your legal first name and surname.
  • Corporations, partnerships and LLCs: Enter the full company name.

Enter or change your tax information

To enter or change your tax information, follow these steps:

  1. Sign in to the payments profile.
  2. Click Settings.
  1. Find 'Payments profile', then find '[your country] tax info' and click Edit Edit.
  2. To enter or edit your tax info, click Add tax info or Update tax info.
  3. To submit the W-9 to the IRS from within your payments profile, answer the questions, then fill in the W-9 form and click Submit.
    Answer the questions and click Submit to submit the Certificate of Foreign Status (W-8BEN) to the IRS from within your payments profile.
  4. Click Save.

We must file Form 1099-K for Google Play developers who make more than $20,000 in gross sales and have more than 200 payment transactions a year.

Request year-end tax forms

To request a copy, submit a revision or void a year-end tax form, submit a year-end tax form request.
We don't accept year-end tax form requests for the most recently completed tax year before certain dates:
  • US-based (1099-MISC or 1099-K): Submit on or after 5 February of the current year
  • Non-US-based (1042-S): Submit on or after 15 March of the current year 
You can request revisions or copies of year-end tax forms for historical years at any time by submitting a year-end tax form request.
Was this helpful?
How can we improve it?