To get timely merchant payouts from Google, make sure that you enter the tax information below to your payments profile.
Social Security Number (SSN)If you're an individual or sole proprietor and file your tax return using your Social Security Number (SSN), you must use it when you update your payments profile. It's important that our merchant account records match what you have on file with the IRS. Note: You have a limited number of attempts to provide the correct information.
Employer Identification Number (EIN)Corporations, partnerships or limited liability company (LLCs) must provide the federal Employer Identification Number (EIN) and business name in their payments profile so that they match the information that we give to the IRS.
Legal business name
- Individuals and sole proprietors: Enter your legal first name and surname.
- Corporations, partnerships and LLCs: Enter the full company name.
Enter or change your tax information
To enter or change your tax information, follow these steps:
- Sign in to the payments profile.
- Click Settings.
- Find 'Payments profile', then find '[your country] tax info' and click Edit .
- To enter or edit your tax info, click Add tax info or Update tax info.
To submit the W-9 to the IRS from within your payments profile, answer the questions, then fill in the W-9 form and click Submit.Answer the questions and click Submit to submit the Certificate of Foreign Status (W-8BEN) to the IRS from within your payments profile.
- Click Save.
We must file Form 1099-K for Google Play developers who make more than $20,000 in gross sales and have more than 200 payment transactions a year.
Request year-end tax forms
- US-based (1099-MISC or 1099-K): Submit on or after 5 February of the current year
- Non-US-based (1042-S): Submit on or after 15 March of the current year