Add a bank account
When you first set up Google Pay, you’ll be asked to add an Indian bank account so that you can send and receive money.
How to add a bank account
- Check to make sure that your bank works with UPI. If it doesn’t, your bank account won’t work with Google Pay.
- Open Google Pay .
Note: Make sure that you're using the latest version of the app. If you're not sure, try to update the app.
- In the top left, tap your photo Bank account.
- Tap Add bank account.
- Choose your bank from the list. If you don’t see your bank, it doesn’t work with Google Pay yet.
Note: You might need to give Google Pay permission to send a verification SMS to your bank.
To prevent errors, do not leave the Google Pay app during bank registration.
- If you have an existing UPI PIN, you'll be asked to enter it.
- If you don’t remember your PIN, tap Forgot PIN and follow the instructions.
- If you don't have a UPI PIN, enter your debit card information.
Note: Maestro debit cards do not have expiry dates. To add a Maestro debit card, use 01/49 as the expiry date.