Help keep your device from feeling too warm or hot
If your Pixel or Nexus device sometimes feels warmer than normal, there usually isn't cause for concern. Your device can get warm, for example, when you're using GPS navigation or other intensive functions.
- Playing videos, games, or other media
- Tethering your device or using it as a Wi-Fi hotspot
- Using your device while it's charging
- Downloading or uploading a lot of data over a 3G or Wi-Fi connection
- Pause resource-intensive features or apps until your device cools down.
- Keep your device away from direct heat or excessive sunlight.
- Avoid keeping your device in enclosed or poorly ventilated areas.
- Reduce your device's display brightness. Open your device's Settings app Display Brightness level.
- Use only cases or covers made for your specific device.
Amy is an Android expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.