Google News can help you reach new audiences and attract avid news readers to your site. With Google News, users can:
- Discover current events, world-wide news and diverse content from different publishers.
- Subscribe to specific news providers and topics.
- Bookmark and share articles.
- Personalise content in the 'For you' section.
How it works
Through a diverse set of features, Google News lets users learn about and engage with you. The Google News experience includes prominent branding and monetisation opportunities, such as advertising and streamlined subscription sales through Subscribe with Google.
You can use Publisher Centre tool to share your content with Google News by submitting RSS feeds, website URLs or videos.
Even if you don’t set up a publication in Publisher Cente, Google might find your site through our normal web crawl. If you don't want to surface in Google News, you can block access to content on your sites without affecting your continued indexing and ranking in Google Search.
While you don’t need to sign up through Publisher Centre to be considered in Google News rankings, it does provide certain benefits:
- Content and branding control: Design, brand and customise your publication in Google News.
- Monetisation opportunity: Publishers can use paywalls in Google News through Subscribe with Google.
- Placement eligibility: Publishers who have set up and submitted Google News publications in Publisher Centre are eligible to appear in the Newsstand section of the app in applicable countries and regions.
- Important: We do not guarantee placement. Algorithms personalise the publications that appear in Newsstand based on user preferences.
Things to consider
- A feed or a URL that you submit in Publisher Centre isn’t guaranteed to surface or rank in Google News.
- To display your content on Google News, it must follow Search and News policies. Google may block violating content when automated checks are done after submission.
- If you operate a site in multiple languages, do not automatically redirect site visitors to different language versions. Learn more about how to manage multi-regional and multilingual sites.