Google News can help you reach new audiences and attract avid news readers to your site. With Google News, users can:
- Discover current events, world-wide news and diverse content from different publishers.
- Subscribe to specific news providers and topics.
- Read content online or offline.
- Bookmark and share articles.
- Personalise content in the ‘For you’ section.
How it works
Through a diverse set of features, Google News lets users learn about and engage with you. The Google News experience includes prominent branding and monetisation opportunities, such as advertising and streamlined subscription sales through Subscribe with Google.
You can use the Publisher Centre tool to share your content with Google News by submitting RSS feeds, website URLs or videos.
Even if you don’t set up a publication in the Publisher Centre, Google might find your site through our normal web crawl. If you don't want to surface in Google News, you can block access to content on your sites without affecting your continued indexing and ranking in Google Search.
While you don’t need to sign up through the Publisher Centre to be considered in Google News rankings, it does provide certain benefits:
- Content and branding control: Design, brand and customise your publication in Google News.
- Monetisation opportunity: Publishers can use paywalls in Google News through Subscribe with Google.
- Placement eligibility: Publications with business terms are eligible to be in the Newsstand section of the app in applicable countries and regions.
- Important: We do not guarantee placement. Publications have been independently selected based on promotional timing, quality of user experience and relevance to promotional themes.
Important: The submission of a feed or a URL through the Publisher Centre doesn't guarantee surfacing or ranking in Google News.