Submit your content through a feed
Set up your edition
This Help Center article gives the steps to set up your Google News edition.
1. Sign in to Google News Producer
Which email address should I use?
If you're going to manage this edition in a professional capacity, we recommend that you do not use a personal Gmail account.
Instead, you can set up a Google Account with an existing email address (such as a work email address). This setup will make it easy for the News team to contact you at a business email address that you're monitoring.
Having trouble signing in to Producer with a Google Apps for Work account?
Contact the administrator of your company's Google Apps for Work account. Ask them to turn on the "Google Books" service for your account in the Google Admin console.
2. Create your edition
If you've previously set up an edition, you can create a new one by clicking the blue triangle at the top right, then selecting Create new edition.
If you're using Producer for the first time, you'll be prompted to review our terms and conditions before you create an edition.
Name your edition. Users can search for your edition by using this name, so we recommend selecting a unique name that accurately describes your content and brand.
3. Add a content section
Enter your RSS or Atom feed URL, if you have one that you want to use for this edition. Your feed should follow our guidelines.
If you have videos hosted on YouTube, enter the name of the channel (e.g. if the channel URL is
(Learn more about using videos in your edition.)
Click Create. After you've added sections to your edition, you can view a preview of your edition to the right.
Optionally, add additional content by clicking Sections in the left menu.
(Learn more about creating and managing sections.)
4. Add basic information
Add the edition description
To edit the Description as shown in the catalog field, click the Basic information section. Users can search for your edition by using the text you provide here. Make sure your edition description is at least 140 characters.
Select a category
When you provide your edition settings, be sure to classify your edition appropriately so that if it's added to the Google News catalog, readers can find it under the correct category.List of categories
The list of categories available in Google News Producer settings may not be exactly the same as list of the categories visible in Google News, as the catalog is adjusted to optimize the browsing experience for readers. For example, similar categories may be combined.
Here’s a list of categories available in Google News Producer and how they correlate with the categories in the catalog that users can browse:
|In Google News Producer||In the Google News catalog|
Home & Garden
|Home & Garden|
Crafts & Hobbies
Fashion & Style
Food & Drink
Home & Garden
Parenting & Children
|News & Politics
|News & Politics|
|Health & Fitness||Health & Fitness|
|Science & Technology
|Science & Technology|
|Food & Drink||Food & Drink|
Provide a cover image
To upload an image file, click Cover image. A cover image icon helps visually distinguish your edition.
- Shape: Square
- Format: PNG, JPEG, or GIF
- Minimum size: 1000 x 1000 pixels
We recommend using icons with solid colors, full bleed, no rounded corners, and no unnecessary gradients or effects. We also suggest leaving the background transparent instead of making it white.
Note: If you don't provide an image, we’ll automatically create an image based on your edition's title.
To get the most out of your participation, sign up for the latest Google News updates. You can choose to get emails about the following topics:
- Ads tips: Information to help improve monetization using ads within News
- Product updates: Information about launches, new features, and results from experiments
- Technical issues: Updates on APIs, technical features, or technical changes
Opt in to email updates by following the steps below:
- Sign in to Producer.
- Click Edition settings.
- Click Contact information.
- Enter your email address in the text box and click Add .
- Check the box below each category under the Contact information section.
- Click Done.
- You’ll receive an email from the Google News team for each of your subscription categories. Confirm your subscription in each email by clicking the link below the phrase "Please click below to confirm your subscription.”
- To unsubscribe from News email updates, click the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email you get. You can also unsubscribe by unchecking the boxes next to your email address under Contact information in Producer and clicking done.