If you can't send or receive messages, or have trouble connecting to Messages on web, try the following suggestions below.
Fix problems sending or receiving messages
- Make sure that you have the most updated version of Messages.
- If you have a SIM card, make sure that it is inserted properly.
- If you’re on Fi, sign in to the Project Fi app.
- Verify that Messages is set as your default texting app. Learn how to change your default texting app.
- Make sure that your operator supports SMS, MMS or RCS messaging.
- Check your plan or credit balance to see if you have enough to send/receive messages
- See if you have signal.
- Check to see if you’re on aeroplane mode. If you are, turn it off.
- If you’re switching from an iPhone, make sure that you’ve deactivated iMessage for your number.
Fix problems sending or receiving messages from specific contacts
- Delete the contact and add it again.
- Check to see if you blocked them.
- Verify that their phone number is correct.
- Check to see if you need to specify a country code (e.g. +44 for UK numbers).
Fix problems sending MMS messages
- Make sure that you have a data connection.
- In your device’s settings app, reset your APN settings to default.