Defect alerts help identify certain issues with your orders in real-time, allowing you to take action on alerts before they impact your customer experience. In this article, you’ll learn how to use this feature to resolve alerts and improve your Retailer Standards rating.
- View and fix issues before orders reach your customers
- Take action on specific types of defects in bulk
- Improve your Retailer Standards rating
To view your defect alerts:
- Sign in to your Merchant Center account.
- From the navigation menu, click Buy on Google.
- In the “Standards” page, click Defect alerts.
The “Defect alerts” page is divided into 2 sections:
- Action items: This section summarizes the defects by type and can be used to filter the order list shown directly below.
- Orders with possible defects: This table displays pending alerts and their statuses.You can also filter the list view by defect type, defect status, and number of defects added per order.
How to resolve alerts
Use the “Defect alerts” table at the bottom of the page to view and take action on alerts before they’re added as defects. You can act on a group of items in an order with the same alert type:
|Pending Shipment||Item is not “Marked as shipped” within 8 hours of the “ship by” time.||Click Mark as shipped to update the status of the item to “Marked as shipped”.|
|Missing Tracking||Item is “Marked as shipped” but doesn’t have an uploaded tracking number within 8 hours of the “ship by” time.||Click Upload tracking to update the tracking number for the item.|
|Invalid Tracking||Item is “Marked as shipped” but has invalid tracking number (such as invalid carrier name) within 8 hours of the original “arrives by” time.||Click Fix tracking to change the tracking number for the item.|
|Multiple||If different items in order have different defects||Click Expand to show which items are flagged and what actions to take per item.|
Resolve alerts before the original “delivery by” time to avoid negatively affecting your Retailer Standards rating.
Need help? Click here to contact Buy on Google support.