Google Merchant Center has been redesigned with simpler navigation that offers you more personalized control of your programs. Use Merchant Center to explore new programs for your products while continuing to manage and configure product data for your current programs.
Navigate the new Merchant Center
We’ve made navigating Merchant Center cleaner and easier by consolidating the two side menus into a single navigation panel and moving less frequently used tools to the “Tools and settings” menu. Use the new Overview page (which has replaced the Home page) to get a quick rundown of all your programs and pending tasks. Explore new programs and get insights on how to expand your reach with the Growth page.
The navigation panel
The new streamlined navigation panel includes top-level entries to help you easily find the tools and information you’re looking for. Click on a top-level entry to access additional menu items and pages.
- Overview: Use the new Overview page (previously “Home”) to quickly see pending tasks for program setup, as well as Merchant Center announcements and your customized dashboard information. This page features cards for each of your programs with details such as tasks, feed information, and Shopping ads clicks. Each program card has direct links that you can follow to access your data diagnostics and product feeds.
- Orders: See active and archived orders, including returns.
- Products: Manage your product inventory, including diagnostics and data feeds. Pages include Diagnostics, All products (previously “List”), Feeds, and Export.
- Performance: View reports of past data and use them to monitor and improve operations and service.
- Marketing: Actively improve your positioning and the appearance of your products and listings. Pages include Promotions and Merchandising.
- Growth: Use the new Growth page to find insights on how to improve your business in the form of actionable suggestions, market reports, and analyzed data. Use “Manage programs” page to see details on current and potential programs.
Manage your business information, shipping and returns, tax settings, and more in the Tools section of the new “Tools and settings” menu. To get to the Tools section, click the tools icon .
- Shipping and returns: Set up and manage your shipping and returns services and policies.
- Tax: Set up tax for all of the locations where you sell.
- Business information: Manage your business details, including address, website, and contact information.
- Shopping ads setup: Configure settings for Shopping ads.
- Shopping Actions setup: Configure settings for Shopping Actions.
- Surfaces across Google: Configure settings for surfaces across Google.
- Local inventory ads setup: Configure settings for local inventory ads.
Manage your account preferences, access, links, users, and more in the Settings section of the Tools and settings menu. To get to the Settings section, click the tools icon .
- Content API: Set up the Content API for Shopping (advanced), which enables you to programmatically upload product listings.
- Account settings: Manage your time zone and language preferences.
- Account access: Adjust the user access levels and administrative ownership for your Merchant Center account.
- Linked accounts: Link your Google Ads, Display & Video 360, and supported e-commerce platforms to Merchant Center.
- Automatic improvements: Enable automatic item updates to allow Google to update your price and availability information automatically based on the schema.org microdata we find on your website.
- STFP/FTP/GCS: Use SFTP (preferred), FTP, or Google Cloud Storage (GCS) to transfer product data to Google’s servers.
Additional Merchant Center features
Set up programs
Merchant Center supports a variety of programs that help you promote and advertise your products on Google. You can manage existing and explore new programs by clicking Growth in the navigation panel and then selecting “Manage programs.”
The “Manage programs” page contains cards that feature Merchant Center’s selection of available programs. You’ll see which of your programs are active and which still require setup. Click Get started or Enable to begin setup or to express your interest in participating in a program.
To find help, click the help icon and choose “Help center and support”.
Send us feedback
We want to hear about what's working for you in the new Merchant Center and what could be improved. If you have questions about your data or disapprovals contact customer support using the “Get help” link. To share your thoughts on the Merchant Center tool itself, click the help icon and choose “Report an error”.