age_group [age_group] attribute to set the demographic that your product is designed for.
When you use this attribute, your product can appear in results that are filtered by age. For example, if results are filtered by Women instead of Girls. The
age_group [age_group] attribute can also work together with the
gender [gender] attribute to help ensure that users see the correct size information.
When to use
Required for enhanced free listings for all
Clothing & Accessories (
Required for Shopping ads for all
Clothing & Accessories (
166) products when targeting these countries:
- United Kingdom
- United States
Optional but not required for products in the following
Clothing & Accessories sub-categories:
Cufflinks & Tie Clips(
Badge & Pass Holders(
Watch Stickers & Decals(
Loose Diamonds & Gemstones(
These are the supported values that you can choose from:
Up to 3 months old. Newborn sizes are often identified by the age range in months (0-3) or just 'newborn'.
3-12 months old. Infant sizes are often identified by the age range in months (3-12).
1-5 years old. Toddler sizes are often identified by the age range in months (12-24) or years (1-5).
5-13 years old. All sizes within this age group have been manufactured to fit a child in that age range.
Typically teens or older. All sizes within this age group have been manufactured to fit an adult or teen.
Follow these formatting guidelines to make sure that we understand the data that you're submitting.
Type: Number. Only use the defined age ranges for each supported value. Age is expressed in years so, for example, use 0.25 for 3 months.
|File format||Example entry|
To format your data for Content API, have a look at the Content API for Shopping.
Follow these guidelines to make sure that you submit high quality data for your products.
- Submit one of the supported values if this attribute is required for your target country and product category. This attribute doesn't have a default value, so if you don't submit it, no value will be used.
- Submit an accurate
age_group [age_group]attribute for all products that vary by age group. Use this attribute when your product is a variant that's distinguished by its age group (e.g. shoes for 0–3 months and shoes for 1–5 years), and also submit each variant with the same value for the
These best practices can help you go beyond the basic requirements to optimise your product data for performance.
- Submit the age group with the value 'adult' for items that are not exclusively for children. Submitting an age group with the value 'adult' won't limit the search results that your product can appear for, and it doesn't mean that your product contains sexually suggestive content. If your product does contain sexually suggestive content, then use the
- Submit an accurate age group if your product varies by age, even if it is not a variant. If your product does vary by age group, submitting the correct age group will help ensure that your product is shown in the correct situations such as search results filtered by age.
Products that vary by age group
Many products vary by age, and adding an age group can help ensure that your products are shown with the right search results.
For example, these types of products can vary by age group:
- Bed Sheets
- Duvet Covers
- Nap Mats
- Pillowcases & Shams
- Quilts & Duvets
- Parasols & Umbrellas
- Pool Toys
- Pool Floats & Loungers
- Night Lights & Ambient Lighting
- Piggy Banks & Money Jars
- Curtains & Drapes
- Throw Pillows
Sizes that vary by age group
To show users the correct size information, the age group is also used together with the