Unsupported Shopping Actions content
Certain products and services are not supported for promotion or sale in Shopping Actions. All shopping ads policies apply, as per Google Terms of Service. It’s important to review both the Shopping ads policies and the following list to ensure your products and services meet the outlined policies:
- Custom or personalized products
- Bundled service plans
- Used or refurbished products
- Final Sale Items
- Preorder Items
- Digital goods & subscriptions
- Software (CDs and DVDs including downloadable software; video game DVDs allowed)
- Items requiring in-store activation
- Items sold by marketplace sellers
- Items that require scheduled delivery, or delivery by freight
- Parts necessary to the functioning of a vehicle (vehicle accessories are allowed)
- Products with age and/or ID verification requirements
- Gift cards
- Rare, scarce or valuable metals or stones
Additional Shopping Actions-specific requirements
Products in the categories below are supported on Shopping Actions, but Shopping Actions has different policies for displaying these products than Shopping ads does.
- Nail polish
- Acetone nail polish remover
- Aerosol hair spray
- Household cleaners
- Fluorescent light bulbs
Merchants are responsible for ensuring they promote only ORM-D goods in compliance with U.S. Department of Transportation definitions. For complying with marking requirements, merchants must either:
- Appropriately mark the packages with such ORM-D goods with the “ORM-D” or limited quantity marking. The "ORM-D" marking is only permissible until Dec.31, 2020.
- Indicate in their feeds which items are ORM-D goods.
Shopping Actions doesn’t allow promotion or sale of non-ORM-D hazardous materials. Some examples of prohibited products include:
- Lithium metal or ion batteries (such as button cells), unless they are either of the following:
- (a) contained in equipment
- (b) lithium metal batteries with a net weight of 11 lbs or less and packed with equipment
- Flammable solids, like matches, sulfur or silicon powder
- Flammable liquids, like lighter fluid, butane or propane
- Toxic and infectious substances, like pesticides and arsenic
- Radioactive materials
- Corrosives, like sulfuric acid and mercury
Pricing and payments
- For products sold in bulk quantities, the total price for the minimum number of items sold must be submitted.
- Any pricing information contained must comply with local regulations. It is the merchant’s responsibility and also in their best interest to comply with such local requirements while participating in the Shopping Actions program.
Consumers have certain rights under EU payment services regulation, for example the right not to be surcharged. For more information about EU payment services regulation, see this leaflet.
- Items with variable prices, such as in auctions, should not be submitted. All products must be sold at fixed prices.
Consumer traffic solicitation
Images with promotional messages
Need help? Click here to contact Shopping Actions support.