Available only when joining from a Chromebase for meetings. For more information, go to Ask participants questions in Google Meet.
Vote in a video meeting
As a meeting participant, you can submit a response to a poll using Meet hardware.
You'll get a notification in the meeting when the moderator starts a poll. Be sure to submit your response before the poll or meeting ends.
- In a meeting, at the bottom right, click Activities Polls.
- In the poll, select your responseclick Vote.
After you click Vote, you can’t change your response.
- You should submit your response before the poll or meeting ends.
- You can’t create a poll using Meet hardware. For mobile and web instructions, go to Conduct polls in Google Meet.
Answer questions in a video meeting
You can use Q&A to answer questions in a video meeting.
- You can't ask a question.
- To mark a question answered so participants know it was answered, on the question, click Mark as answered .
- To hide a question, on the question, click Hide .
- To sort questions by order or most upvotes, next to Popular, click Down arrow and select an option.
To turn on Q&A
- In a meeting, at the bottom right, click Activities .
- Click QuestionsTurn on Q&A.
Q&A turns on automatically for all users except Google Workspace for Education users.
For Education users, moderators can turn on Q&A during the meeting.
Find, upvote, or delete a question
In a meeting, at the bottom right, click Activities click Questions.
- To view everyone’s questions, click All questions.
- To view only your questions, click My questions.
- To upvote a question, on the question, click Upvote .
When you upvote a question, the upvote is attributed to your Meet hardware room device and not to the user.
- To delete a question, on the question, click Delete .
As a participant, you can only delete your own questions. Moderators can delete anyone’s question.
The meeting moderator can see all deleted questions and who asked them in the Questions report emailed to them after the meeting.