To help limit distractions in a video meeting using Google Meet hardware, you can filter out background noise. Meet can remove background noises such as typing, closing a door, or the sounds of a nearby construction site.
- Audio capture from screen sharing won’t be affected by noise canceling.
- Meet filters out noises that don’t sound like voices. Voices from TV or people talking at the same time won’t be filtered out.
- If non-speech is an important part of your meeting, like playing musical instruments, turn off noise cancellation.
Noise cancellation is on by default for most Google Workspace editions. Noise cancellation is off by default for Education Plus, and Teaching and Learning Upgrade accounts.
For more information about the Google Workspace editions and locations that support noise cancellation, go to Compare Google Workspace editions.
Turn noise cancellation on or off
Noise cancellation can be turned on or off whether you're in a meeting or not. Changes made while you're in a meeting will apply only to that meeting. Any changes you make while you're not in a meeting will apply only to the next meeting.
Using Meet hardware
- On the Meet hardware or the touch controller, tap Settings Audio.
- Turn Noise cancellation On or Off .
Using Series One devices
Your Series One kit comes with TrueVoice denoising technology, which emphasizes human voices and suppresses background noise.
- On the touch controller, tap Settings Audio.
- Under Smart Audio Bar settings, turn TrueVoice noise cancellation On or Off .
Google, Google Workspace, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.