- When using Google Workspace, you can hold large remote events.
- Workspace organisations with admin capabilities can switch this feature on or off for the entire organisation.
- For mobile users, you currently can't share audio while you present.
- On your computer, when you click Present before you join a meeting, you join in Companion mode. When you use this option, your mic and speaker are unavailable.
Present during a video meeting
To present your mobile screen to all video meeting participants, start a broadcast:
- Join a video meeting.
- Tap the screen More .
- Tap Share screen Start sharing.
Tip: You can present your screen during someone else's presentation. If you start to present, their presentation will pause.
To stop presenting your mobile screen, stop sharing:
- On your video meeting screen, tap Stop sharing OK.
Join only to present
- Open the Meet app :
- Tap a video meeting from your upcoming meetings.
- To enter a meeting with a code or nickname, tap Join with code.
Tip: You can only use nicknames with people in your organisation. Meeting nicknames are currently only available to Google Workspace users.
- Instead of Join, tap Share screen.
- In the 'About screen sharing' window, tap Continue.
- In the meeting, tap Start now.
Tip: You can present your screen even if someone else is already presenting
Prevent participants from sharing their screen
To turn screen sharing on or off
- In a meeting, tap the screen Menu .
- Tap Host controls .
- At the bottom, turn Share their screen on or off.