Some people need to request permission before they can join the video meeting. For details, go to Join a video meeting.
Add people to a video meeting in progress
Add people to a meeting
- At the bottom right, click People Add people .
- Enter the name or email address Send email.
Share joining info
- At the bottom right, click meeting details .
- Click Copy joining info.
- Paste the meeting details into an email, or other app, and send.
Add a phone participant to a meeting in progress
You can add someone by phone to a Google Meet video meeting in certain countries and regions.
- After you join the meeting, at the bottom right, click People .
- Click Add people Call .
- In the window, select the country you’re calling to add the country code and enter the phone number for the person that you want to call.
- Click Call .
Supported countries and regions
For a complete list of countries and regions, see Supported countries for adding guests by phone.
You can bulk admit participants and students into a Google Meet meeting. Only the meeting organizer can see or approve requests to join a meeting. The meeting organizer should stay in the meeting to approve requests.
- Click Admit or Deny entry, when a request to join the meeting appears in the window.
- Click View all when you have multiple participants waiting to join the meeting. Choose an option:
- Next to the name, click Admit or Deny entry to admit or deny participants one at a time.
- Click Admit all or Deny all to admit or deny all participants at the same time.
Remove people during a video meeting
Important: For meetings with Host Management on, only a meeting host or co-host can remove another participant from an ongoing meeting. If Host Management is off, anyone from the meeting organizers' domain can remove a participant.
- At the bottom right, click Show everyone .
- Next to the participant you want to remove, click More actions .
- Select Remove from the call.
- On the box that opens, select one or more of the following options:
- To just remove a participant, select Remove.
- To remove and mark a participant as abusive, select Fill out an abuse report.
- To make sure a participant doesn’t rejoin the same meeting, select Block.
- Important: If you block a user, they are only blocked from the current meeting or concurrent meetings which use the same meeting code. They can still join other meetings you host. To allow users to rejoin a meeting they are blocked from, they must be manually re-invited from within the meeting.
Google Workspace for Education users: If a participant’s requests to join a meeting are denied twice, they won't be able to request to join the meeting again. In these cases, the meeting organizer can manually invite them back into the meeting.
Hosts can end the meeting for everyone on a Google Meet meeting. "End meeting for all" ends the meeting and automatically removes all participants, so that the hosts don’t have to remove participants manually.
- Workspace hosts with Quick access can keep it on or off when they end a meeting for everyone. When the same meeting link is used to restart the meeting, the meeting host can turn on Quick access if they want.
- Participants can access the meeting link for a meeting that has ended, but can't join until the meeting host restarts the meeting. The meeting will automatically restart once the host re-joins. If a host ends a meeting with Quick Access on, participants can re-join the meeting even without the host
- To make sure students can't access the end-meeting feature to start or end meetings, admins can turn off the "Create a meeting" setting for students.
- By default, when a meeting created from Classroom ends, Quick access is automatically turned off.
- Some Workspace admins on certain Workspace editions can end a meeting with the Security Investigation Tool. Learn how to use the investigation tool.
- Create a new meeting each time you want to meet with a different group of participants. When you restart an ended meeting, all previous participants can join.
To End a meeting for all:
- On the bottom, click Leave call .
- On the window that appears, click End meeting for all.
Optional: To leave the meeting but not end it for everyone, click Leave meeting.
Tip: End meeting for all will also end any open breakout rooms. If there are a lot of Breakout rooms open, the main room will end first and all other Breakout rooms may take up to a few minutes to end.
- Quick access is available with the following Google Workspace editions: G Suite Basic, G Suite Business, Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Frontline, and all Workspace for Education editions.
- Host Management must be turned on to use Quick access.
As the meeting organizer, you can use Quick access to decide if participants must ask to join the video meeting.
When Quick access is on:
When Quick access is off:
Quick access is turned on by default for all meetings where host management is turned on. Workspace Admins can set the default to on or off. After you start a video meeting, you can change the Quick access setting as often as you need.
- If you turn Quick access on or off in recurring meetings or meetings that re-use the same meeting code, the setting will be saved for future meetings. If you turn Quick access on or off in a one-time, nicknamed, or instant meeting, the setting will return to on after the meeting ends.
- For meetings created from Google Calendar, invited participants can join anytime between 15 minutes before the scheduled time and the end of the meeting. Otherwise, participants will need to knock to join the meeting.
To turn Quick access on or off:
In a meeting
- At the bottom right, click Host controls .
- From the side panel that opens, toggle Quick access to on or off.
On Google Calendar
Go to calendar.google.com and chose one:
Create a new event
- Create a new event.
- Click Add Google Meet video conferencing.
- On the right, click Change conference settings .
- Check the box next to "Quick access."
- Click Save.
- Set up your event.
Update an existing event
- Click a meeting Edit event .
- Under event details, click Change conference settings .
- Check the box next to "Quick access."
- Click Save.