With Meet, it’s easy to meet team members anywhere in the world, at any time–all from a computer or mobile device. If you would like to create a meeting, instead of joining one already in progress, read Start a video meeting.
Note: If you're not signed in to your G Suite account or joining another organization’s meeting, a participant might need to approve your request to join.
See your scheduled meetings in Calendar and quickly join a video meeting.
- In Calendar, click the event you want to join.
- Click Join Hangouts Meet and in the window that opens, click Join Meeting.
In Meet, you can select a scheduled event or you can enter a meeting code.
Select a scheduled event:
- In a web browser, enter https://meet.google.com/.
- Select the meeting from your list of scheduled events.
- Click Join meeting.
Enter a meeting code:
- In a web browser, enter https://meet.google.com.
- Click Use a meeting code.
The meeting code is the string of letters at the end of the meeting link. You don't have to enter the hyphens.
- Enter the meeting code and click Continue.
Note: If your organization has purchased and installed Chromebox for meetings, you can also type this code into that device.
- Click Join meeting.
Sometimes there isn’t enough time to schedule a meeting and book a room. With Hangouts Meet, you can join an impromptu video meeting by clicking the meeting link URL sent to you in a text or email.
- Click the meeting link sent to you in a chat message or email.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to join the meeting.
Select a meeting from the list of scheduled events using your Google meeting room hardware remote.
- If the Calendar event was created using Meet, you see the Meet video meetings experience screen.
- If the event was created using classic Hangouts, you see the Hangouts screen instead.
If your organization allows it, you can join a video meeting from a third-party conferencing system.
- In Calendar, open the event.
- Select More joining options.
- Select Third-party systems.
- Follow the instructions to join from your system.
What you can’t do
If you join from a third-party system, you can’t use Meet to control functions, such your camera or microphone. Instead, use the third-party controls.
For example, you can’t take the following actions from your third-party system:
- See or write in-meeting chat.
- Start or stop Meet recordings.
- Admit or block other participants.
- Mute or unmute other participants.
Other Meet participants cannot mute your room.