- Go to Google Meet.
- If you want to start a new meeting, click New Meeting. Choose an option:
- Create a meeting for later: To share the meeting details with participants for a future meeting, copy the meeting link and share with participants. To directly start the meeting with this link, paste the link into a browser, or enter the link into the “Enter a code or link” field click Join.
- Start an instant meeting: Create a new meeting and join the meeting directly.
- Schedule in Google Calendar: To schedule a meeting, you’ll be directed to Google Calendar.
- Tip: Google Workspace Essentials users can't schedule a meeting in Google Calendar.
Important: To start a video meeting from Gmail, you must have Meet in Gmail turned on.
- Open Gmail.
- In the bottom left corner, under “Meet,” click New meeting .
- To send the meeting invite via link or email, click Send invite.
- To copy the meeting invite details, click Copy meeting invite.
- To send an email invite, click Share via email.
- When you’re ready to join the meeting, click Join now.
- Before you join your first meeting, make sure to allow permissions for your Microphone and Camera. Once you have granted permission,
- To turn your microphone on or off, click Microphone .
- To turn your camera on or off, click Camera .
- To enter the call, click Join now.
- To end the call, click Leave call .
When you create an event on Google Calendar, you can add a video meeting link.
- Google Workspace users: You can also add a dial-in number to the Calendar event.
- Google Workspace Essentials users: You can't schedule a meeting in Google Calendar.
Important: Guests can forward the meeting link to other people. If someone tries to join who was not invited to the Calendar event, a meeting participant from your organization must accept their request. For meetings organized by a personal Google Account, only the meeting creator can admit these participants.
- In Calendar, create an event.
- Click Add guests and enter the names or email of the people you want to invite.
- Click Save.
- Click Send to notify guests.
Schedule a video meeting in another scheduling system
- Start a video meeting from Gmail or Meet.
- Copy the meeting details to an event created in your scheduling system.