Select a participant from the 'People' tab to mute or pin them.
Pin up to three things in Google Meet
Important: If you use a sign language interpreter, pin the presentation and interpreter at the same time.
You can pin a participant, presentation or up to three items in Google Meet.
- Meeting participants or presentations: Hover over a tile and click the pin .
- Participants or presentations not on the layout:
- At the bottom right, click the People panel .
- Next to the meeting participant or presentation, click the pin .
You will get a prompt when you pin the maximum number of participants and presentations.
Optional: To unpin someone, hover over the tile click Unpin .
Mute a participant's microphone
If there is feedback or background noise in a meeting, you may want to mute other participants' microphones.
Tip: The following applies when host management is turned off. When host management is on, only the main host and co-hosts can mute other participants.
For meetings organised through a personal account, only the meeting moderator can mute other participants.
For meetings organised through a Google Workspace account, a participant from the domain that organised the meeting can mute another participant, if necessary.For meetings organised through an education account, only meeting creators, calendar event owners or people who set up a meeting on an in-room hardware device can mute other participants.
- Point to a person’s image > click Mute .
- At the bottom right, click People .
- Next to a participant's name, click Mute .
Tip: For privacy reasons, you cannot unmute another person. Ask the participant to unmute their audio. To mute or unmute yourself, click Mute .
Mute all participants
Important: Host management must be turned on to mute all participants.
Meeting creators and calendar event owners can mute all participants at the same time. Participants can unmute themselves after they've been muted.
- At the bottom right, click People Mute all .
For paid Google Workspace editions only.
- Phone participants can press *6 to mute or unmute their phone.
- If someone else mutes you, you can only unmute using *6.