Select a participant from the "People" tab to mute or pin them.
Pin up to 3 things in Google Meet
Important: If you use a sign language interpreter, pin the presentation and interpreter at the same time.
You can pin a participant, presentation, or up to 3 items in Google Meet.
To pin meeting participants or presentations:
- Tap the participant or presentation tile.
- At bottom right of the tile, tap Menu .
- From the pop-up menu, tap the Pin .
Tip: You can also double tap a participant or a presentation's tile to pin it.
To pin a participant or presentation not on the layout:
- Tap the screen.
- At the top right, tap the meeting ID or meeting name.
- Next to the participant or presentation, tap Pin .
Optional: To unpin someone, at the bottom right corner of their tile, tap Unpin .
Mute a participant’s microphone
If there is feedback or background noise in a meeting, you may want to mute other participant’s microphones.
For meetings organized through a personal account, only the meeting moderator can mute other participants.
For meetings organized through a Google Workspace account, a participant from the domain that organized the meeting can mute another participant, if necessary.For meetings organized through an Education account, only meeting creators, calendar event owners, or people who set up a meeting in an in-room hardware device can mute other participants.
Once in a meeting, to mute a participant:
- On the top left, tap the meeting name.
- On the "People" tab, next to a participant, tap Menu Mute .
Tip: For privacy reasons, you cannot unmute another person. Ask the participant to unmute their audio. To mute or unmute yourself, tap Mute .
Mute all participants
Important: Host Management must be turned on to Mute all participants.
Meeting creators and calendar event owners can mute all participants at the same time. Participants can unmute themselves after they’ve been muted.
- At the top left, tap the meeting name.
- In the People tab, tap Mute everyone.
For paid Google Workspace editions only.
- Phone participants press *6 to mute or unmute their phone.
- If someone else mutes you, you can only unmute if you press *6.