Important: Live streaming video meetings is only available for meetings organized by certain Google Workspace editions.
Here’s how to fix issues when you live stream a meeting.
Live stream viewers:
I can watch the video stream, but there is no audio
Try the following:
- Turn up the volume in Meet. At the bottom, in the control bar, click Volume .
- Turn up the volume on your computer or phone.
- Ask the meeting organizer to confirm that they are not muted in the meeting and that audio is working properly within the meeting.
The error message “This stream is not available to your domain” appears
- Streams can only be viewed by users in the same organization as the meeting organizer.
- Log in using your account from the same organization as the meeting organizer. For example, log out of your personal Gmail account, log back in to your Google Workspace account for work or school, then try accessing the stream again.
The error message “This stream isn't available for your account” displays
- To view a live stream, you must be in the same organization as the meeting organizer.
- Log in to an account from the same organization as the meeting organizer.
- For example: If the organizer is in your Google Workspace for work or school organization, log out of your personal Gmail account and log in to your Google Workspace Account.
The error message “Waiting for streaming to begin” displays
- The stream must be manually started by the meeting organizer. Ask the meeting organizer to confirm that they started the live stream.
- This message appears until the organizer clicks More Start streaming on a computer, even if the scheduled meeting time has passed.
Why don’t I have the new live stream viewing experience?
- This experience is currently limited to the first 10k viewers.
- You can still view live streams with the original experience.
- Rollout is gradual and may not be available to you yet.
- Keep up to date via Workspace Updates.
- Only users with new experience can send reactions.
- For the best viewing experience, use a computer.
- Some Android devices support certain features in the new live stream experience.
How do I give feedback to the presenter or organizer?
Contact the presenter or organizer directly. You cannot send feedback to the presenter or organizer directly from the viewer page.
Live stream hosts:
I can’t find the “Start Streaming” button
- Streaming must be configured before the meeting in Calendar. You cannot add a live stream after the meeting starts since that changes the meeting code used to join.
- Streaming must also be turned on by your Google Workspace administrator. Only participants in the same organization as the meeting organizer can start and stop streaming.
Viewers can’t access the live stream that I configured
- After the meeting starts, you must click More Start streaming.
- Also, only viewers in the same organization as the meeting organizer can view the live stream.