Start a video meeting
Start a meeting from a browser, a mobile phone, or create a Calendar event that includes a video meeting link.
- Not all users are allowed to create meetings, which requires a G Suite account. Your administrator must also turn on Meet for your organization. Learn more
- Anyone inside or outside your organization can join by selecting the link or entering the meeting ID. You can meet with up to 25 (G Suite Basic and Business) or 50 (G Suite Enterprise) people at a time.
- If uninvited guests outside your organization try to join, a meeting participant from your organization must approve access.
Schedule a meeting in Calendar
All new calendar events you create include a meeting link if there is at least one invited guest or Calendar resource (such as a meeting room).
- Open Calendar and create an event.
- Add guests from inside or outside your organization.
Note: Guests can forward the meeting link to other people. If someone tries to join who was not invited to the Calendar event, a meeting participant from your organization must accept their request.
- Make sure the video call option is on.
- Tap Save.
- All day events do not automatically include a video meeting. To manually add a video meeting, tap the Video Call option.
- A phone number is also added to the video meeting if the dial-in feature is enabled by your administrator. Anyone can use the phone number to dial in to the video meeting. Learn more
Start an instant meeting
Start a meeting and send the link to others asking them to join.
- Open the Hangouts Meet app.
- Tap Add to create a new video meeting.
- Tap Share to send the meeting link and information to people you want to invite.
- Select an app to send the meeting details.