Here’s how to troubleshoot if you have camera or presentation issues during a meeting. “Camera failed” error is often due to the browser not having access to the camera. The instructions listed here will help you to fix this issue.
Meet needs permission to use your camera and microphone in Chrome. You will be asked to allow access the first time you join a Meet video meeting.
You can change the setting to allow Meet to use your camera and microphone, click on the camera icon in the address bar and select the Always allow option.
If these changes don’t resolve the issue, try below options:
- Confirm your camera is connected.
- Make sure no other apps currently access your camera.
- If you have more than one camera installed, make sure the camera you want to use is set to active.
- Confirm you have the most recent version of Google Meet.
- Enable your camera before you join the meeting.
Make sure that your camera is turned on and your computer and browser are able to access the camera so you are visible.
On computers using macOS Mojave version 10.14 or later, you must allow camera access for your Chrome or Firefox® web browser. Otherwise, Meet won’t include video from your device.
- Go to System Preferences Security & Privacy.
- Select Privacy Camera.
- Check the box for the application used for Meet (Google Chrome or Firefox).
On computers using Chrome, you must allow the browser to access your camera.
chrome://settings/content/camerain the Chrome address bar.
- Disable the setting "Ask before accessing."
- Under "Allow," delete https://meet.google.com:443 if present.
- Refresh the Google Meet page and grant camera access when prompted.
- Check that your computer’s camera is connected, turned on, and pointing towards you unobstructed.
- Check if your camera functions in other apps, like FaceTime in MacOS or the Camera app in Windows 10.
- Close any other application that might be using the camera, then reload Google Meet.
- Restart your computer or your Google Chrome browser.
Fix issues when you present
If you’re not able to present in a Google Meet video meeting, you should give your browser access to record your screen.
On an Apple® Mac® computer using macOS® Catalina® version 10.15 or later, let Firefox® or the Chrome Browser access your computer’s screen recording:
- Go to System preferences click Security & Privacy.
- Click Privacy.
- On the left, click Screen recording.
For Mac users: On the bottom left, click the lock to make changes. In the window, enter in your password click unlock.
- On the right, check the Google Chrome or Firefox box.
- Select a new tab when you present or a new tab.
- If you present the meeting window, an infinite mirror can occur.