- Record a meeting is only available on a computer.
- Recording video meetings is only available for meetings organized by certain Google Workspace editions.
Here’s how to troubleshoot issues when you record a meeting.
Learn how to record a video meeting.
Learn why recording disabled
Recording may be disabled if:
- Your admin turned off recording.
- Your Workspace edition doesn't support recording.
- Your Google Drive is disabled.
- You aren't allowed to record a specific video meeting.
- You're in a breakout room. Breakout rooms don't support recordings.
Check with your admin to make sure:
- Meet supports recording for you and your organization.
- Recording is on for video meetings.
Can't find the recording button
- Confirm that your admin has turned on recording for Meet in the Google Admin console.
- Verify that you’re using Meet on a computer. Recording is only available for the computer version.
- You can’t record if you join only to present, such as from a laptop while already in a video conference room. Join the video meeting first, start presenting, and then record.
- You can’t record if the meeting was created on a conference room device (such as Meet hardware), or was generated by another process, such as a Chrome plug in. Schedule the meeting in Calendar or be sure a person, and not a device, starts any ad-hoc meetings.
- If you can no longer record a recurring meeting that used to allow recording, make sure the meeting organizer’s account is not disabled, which also disabled recordings for the meetings they organized. To fix this, delete the meeting from the Calendar event, save it, and add a new meeting code to recreate a meeting as the new owner.
Can't find the recording
- Recordings must be generated and are not immediately available after the recording ends.
- When ready, an email with the recording link is sent to the meeting organizer and the person who started the recording.
- The recording link is also added to the Calendar event and saved to the meeting organizer’s Meet Recordings folder in My Drive.
I used to be able to record a meeting but I'm unable to record it today
Check with your admin to make sure they have Turned on recording for video meetings. Learn more about Recording a video meeting.
My recording in Google Drive says “Still processing”
- “Still processing” means that the recording is still being prepared to view.
- To play the recording immediately, select the file and click More Download . Double-click the downloaded file on your computer.
What happens to my existing recordings after the COVID19 features expire for my organization?
Recordings will continue to be available in Drive.
I shared the recording with someone, but they can’t download it
Make sure you allow others to download your files:
- Open Google Drive.
- Select the recording file and click Share or Share .
- In the bottom right, click Advanced.
- Uncheck the box next to "Disable options to download, print, and copy for commenters and viewers."
- Click Save changes Done.