If the Google Maps app on your phone or tablet crashes or has other issues that affect your experience on Maps, try the following steps:
- Update Google Maps.
- Clear storage in the Settings app on your device.
Update Google Maps
To use the most recent app features, download the latest version of the Google Maps app.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the App Store.
- At the top right, tap Profile .
- Scroll down to "Available Updates," and search for Google Maps.
- If Google Maps is listed, tap Update to install.
Tip: If prompted, enter your Apple ID and password. The updates will download and install.
Reinstall Google Maps
To delete the app:
- On your iPhone or iPad, touch and hold the Google Maps app .
- At the top left, tap Remove Delete.
If you continue to experience the issue, send us feedback.