Send messages directly to businesses
You can communicate directly with businesses through their listings on Google Maps.
What happens when you send a message to the business:
- The business may see your name and profile picture as it appears on your About me page.
- A business could have multiple owners or representatives who may see your messages, so you could get responses from different employees.
- You decide what to share with businesses that you message. Think carefully before you share sensitive information, including:
- Credit card numbers
- Banking information
- Social Security, passport, or other government identification numbers
- Passwords and other sign-in information
- Health records
- Any private or personal information that you wouldn’t want multiple people at the business to see
Note: The business needs to have messaging turned on for this feature to work and for the message button to appear on their listing.
- On your Android device, open Google Maps .
- Tap Explore select a category like Restaurants or Bars. To see more categories, like Services or Shopping, tap More .
Note: You can also find other businesses to message by using the search bar in Google Maps.
- Select a business. If it has messaging turned on, tap Message on their listing. Not all businesses will be able to send and receive messages.
- Type your message and tap send . Responses from the business will appear in the message thread.
- To check your messages in Google Maps, tap Menu Messages. A red dot will appear on the icon when you have new messages.
- To block messages from a business or report a business, open a message conversation tap More Block/report spam. You can block the conversation or block the conversation and report it as spam.
- To delete a conversation from your device, open a message conversation tap More Delete.
Note: Deleting a conversation only deletes your copy of the conversation from your device. The business may continue to see the conversation on their device and respond to you.