As you use Google Maps more often, you’ll see matches for various places. These matches show how well a place matches your preferences.
How to get matches
To see your matches, you need to:
Note: If you don't see your matches or they're not very accurate, you may need to rate places and set your preferences (see below).
Your matches show how well different places fit with your preferences. They’re unique to you and improve over time. Matches are based on:
- Any dietary restrictions or cuisines that you list in your preferences
- The types of cuisine and restaurants you typically visit or avoid
- Whether you’ve saved, rated, or visited a place or somewhere similar
- Your interactions with places on Google Maps or Google Search
When you rate and review places in Google Maps, you give us a better idea of the places you like. The more you rate places, the more accurate your matches will be.
Improve your matches
Your matches are based on your Google Location History and Web & App Activity, which includes your Google searches. To make your matches more accurate, follow these steps:
Turn on Location History
Update your preferences
Rate more places
Add places as favorites
The more places you save as favorites, the more accurate your matches will be.
Clear your feedback about places
To remove places from your "Interested" or "Not Interested" lists:
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app .
- Tap your profile picture or initial Settings .
- Tap Exploring places Your feedback about places.
- Next to the place you want to remove, tap Clear .