Before you start your drive or transit trip to home, work or other places, plan your trip and find useful info. This way, you can know when to leave, what traffic to expect, which route to take, and if there are any disruptions along the way.
Find ways to get to relevant places
- On your computer, open Google Maps. Make sure you’re signed in.
- On the left, choose an option:
- Get directions to relevant places: Click a place in the list. You’ll get places based on your Gmail, Calendar, and recent travel history.
- Get directions to saved places: If you saved your work or home address in Google Maps, click Home or Work.
- To change how you get there, click Directions, and select a transportation option at the top, like Driving or Transit .
Tip: To hide the side panel, at the bottom, click Hide .
Learn more about your surroundings
- Find places of interest: Click an option, such as Restaurants, Hotels, or More.