In the Google Maps app, you can compare ride services with other ways of getting to your destination, like public transit or walking.
Important: This feature is not available in all regions and languages.
Important: Maps shows information that ride-service providers make available. If you have a question or complaint about one of these providers, contact them directly.
Get a ride
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app . Make sure you're signed in to your Google Account.
- Search for your destination or tap it on the map.
- At the bottom left, tap Directions .
- At the top, tap Rides . A list of services, prices, and times appears. Lime vehicles and docked bikeshares aren't available in all cities.
- To search for Lime vehicles near you: Tap Transit or Cycling .
- To search for docked bikeshares near you: Tap Cycling .
- Choose the service you want to use.
- If you have the service’s app on your device, the app will open.
- If you don’t have the service’s app, the Play Store will open to download it.
- To finish your ride request, follow the instructions in the provider’s app.
Information about ridesRequest a bike or scooter
Request Lime vehicle
If your city supports Lime vehicles, you can request a Lime bike or scooter in the Maps app.
- Open your Google Maps app .
- Available Lime bikes and scooters near you appear in your Transit options. Maps shows you:
- The closest Lime vehicle to you, including the vehicle’s type and pricing.
- How long it will take to reach both the vehicle and your destination.
- To select a Lime vehicle, tap the Lime vehicle option from your Transit options to open the Lime app, then follow the instructions.
Use a docked bikeshare
If your city supports docked bikeshares, you can find them in your Google Maps app.
- Open your Google Maps app .
- Search for your local bikeshare program's name to see all the docks near you and how full or empty they are. Maps shows you:
- The closest bike station to you along your route, including how many bikes or docks are available.
- Turn-by-turn cycling navigation from dock to dock.
- To select a bike, tap the docked bikeshare option from your Cycling options to open the bikeshare program's app, then follow the instructions.
Here’s a list of ride-service providers that you might see, depending on your country or region:
- Beat (formerly called Taxibeat)
- Blablacar Daily
- HK Taxi
- Meru Cabs
- Waze Carpool
We don't share any information with ride-service providers until you tap on a result. Here’s what information is shared:
- Maps shares your pickup location and destination. Your current location and the names you made for places, like "Home" and "Work," aren’t shared.
- Ride-service providers share information like estimates for cost and wait times.
When you look for a ride, Google Maps provides you with an estimated cost. The final price for the ride is determined by the ride-service provider, not Google. For more information, contact the ride-service provider.
To find a more accurate fare estimate:
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app .
- Tap your profile picture or initial Settings .
- Tap Ride services.
- For each ride-service provider, turn accurate trip pricing on or off.